Sue Sutcliffe: making digital marketing profitable since 1995.
VIRTUAL EVENT SERVICES
Sue Sutcliffe owns and operates a virtual event venue called World Event Center that gathers people online like never before! Sue loves PRODUCING ONLINE EVENTS so engaging, attendees stay until the end, and come back for more.
Sue Sutcliffe is a sought-after digital marketing trainer who’s witty, passionate and down-to-earth manner has propelled thousands of marketers, salespeople and business owners to embrace their online power, grow their networks & drive leads.
Cutting her teeth in traditional marketing thirty-five years ago, Sue was one of the first to recognize how lucrative digital marketing can be.
Determined to enhance the relationship-building aspects of the Internet, she delved into the world of code, website building, search engine optimization and apps long before anyone had even heard about Facebook or Twitter.
This launched her twenty-five year career as the Web Coach and the Marketing Maven. Honoured by these monikers, Sue is happy that her scorecard of firsts – and her focus on all-things-digital – has added her actual name to the shortlist of experts called by CEO’s when they want to monetize the Internet.
How has she made it onto that coveted hotlist? She has quantifiable success in working with business owners and sales teams to increase sales, grow engaged customer bases and improve cash flow.
As a pioneer in her industry and a leader in the business community, Sue is a sought-after digital marketing trainer whose witty, passionate and down-to-earth manner has propelled thousands of marketers, salespeople and business owners to embrace their online power, grow their networks, and drive leads.
Sue’s specialty keynotes and courses include: What Makes People Click? Keep Yourself and Your Company Relevant. Online Power: Optimize Yourself, Grow Your Business and Your Network. Shore Up Your Core: The Eight Building Blocks of Business.
SCORECARD OF FIRSTS
- One of the first 10 website designers in Canada.
- The first to create a certified secure and safe online shopping mall in Canada.
- A front-runner who created the Ontario college curriculum that trained many of today’s top marketing and advertising executives.
- Advocated for safe Internet use and worked to advance Canada’s digital landscape.
- When companies were incurring costs from their Internet strategies, Sue was spurring businesses forward with profitable digital marketing campaigns, online stores, and community building campaigns.
- Spoken at hundreds of conferences here at home and internationally. At each event, she reinforced proven digital marketing and social media practices to drive business owners and executives to use the Internet to generate sales and improve cash flow.
Sue Sutcliffe is on a mission to make the world a better place, by helping people on the same mission.
A community-minded Socialpreneur, Sue volunteers, fundraises and provides mentorship.
- Creative People: Artful Networking (March 19, 2022)
- Paro Centre for Women’s Enterprise
- Marketing to the LGBTQ community, and why no business can afford to not to
- Sue Sutcliffe Appointed to the Board of Directors for Community Justice Alternatives of Durham Region (CJA Durham)
- $5000 raised for Charles H. Best Diabeties Centre!
- 2018-Present — Community Justice Alternatives of Durham Region (Director)
- Epilepsy Durham Region Fundraiser (Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:30pm) Ajax, ON
- $1,300 Raised for #Alzheimers at #WalkForMemories 2016
- Do you know any Not for Profit Organizations who would be interested in our "Buy One – Give One Away Campaign"?
- Social Media Strategy with Learning for Hope
- Proud Sponsor of Day of Hope and Leadership (2013)
- AWEBthatWORKS is Proud to Sponsor Day of Hope and Leadership
- aWEBthatWORKS.com proudly presents Todd Skinner at this year’s Day of Hope and Leadership.
- DurhamLIVE.com: A place to connect in Durham Region
- Be Part Of The Solution Durham Region!
- 2nd Day of Hope and Leadership Event (October 1, 2009) Oshawa, Ontario
- Health & Wellness Fair (February 21, 2009) Whitby, Ontario
Honors & Awards
- Sue Sutcliffe Named 2022 Woman of Worth!
- 2021 — World Event Center wins Business Excellence Award (1-4 Employees)
- 2021 — Sue Sutcliffe nominated for Business Person of the Year
- 2020 — World Event Center Nominated Best Business Support Organization
- 2020 — Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade Business Excellence Award Nominee
- 2019 — Sue Sutcliffe named Co-iLab Member of the Month!
- 2009 — Art of Transition Event gets Honourable Mention in two categories!
- 2008 — Durham Home & Small Business Association “Lifetime Membership”
- 2007 — Shopaware: “Superstar” local business wins first annual ShopAware
- 2003 — Durham Home & Small Business Association “Betty Penny Award”
- 1998 — Greater Oshawa Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year Nominee
- 1997 — Durham Home & Small Business Association “Business of the Year Award”
- 1996 — Website Design Awards from Yahoo!, Netscape & Web Side Story
Achievements & Case Studies
- Happy Birthday Ontario Tech University!
- Collaboration is the Future for Small Business Owners
- 2019 — Dominate The Digital — Canada’s First Hybrid Digital Marketing Conference
- 2016 — Dominate The Digital — Durham Region’s First Digital Marketing Conference
- Durham Savour the Season
- 2009 — Art of Transition Event gets Honourable Mention in two categories!
- 2009-Present — Alzheimer’s Society Walk for Memories Fundraiser
- 1996 — First Online Shopping Mall In Canada To Be Certified Secure by the Royal Bank
- 1996 — Launched Durham College’s first Website
- 1995 — Launched first profitable digital marketing campaign for FamilyRealty.com
I heard about Sue long before we met and since meeting her a few years ago, I witnessed all of the fabulous things I heard. Sue's company helped me out with my business website and social media strategy. That was so helpful but what impressed me even more is Sue's commitment to the community through the social responsibility of her company. Her giving program... (perhaps it's more of a movement than just a program) has provided the not for profit sector the same tools that she provides to business but at cost. Even more impressive is her new sharing program so if a business purchases a workshop one will be given to a charity or not for profit free! Thanks to Sue for all she does and providing a much needed service!
ADD YOUR REVIEW
- FULL-CYCLE SALES
29 years consultative sales, from finding clients, to securing deals, after-sales service and managing customer complaints
- HIGH-IMPACT PRESENTATION & TRAINING
Engaging speaker, workshop facilitator, conference speaker and one-to-one digital marketing/business coaching
- CREATIVE THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING
Great listener that loves helping people create win/win solutions and believes there is no mountain that cannot be scaled
- STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING
Assisted 1000s of clients, in various sectors, ranging from public to private to not-for-profit, develop and execute strategic plans to boost sales and impact and ultimately their digital marketing ROI
- PROJECT/PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
Strategic planning, prioritizing and coordinating multiple projects, stakeholders, timelines and budgets
- EFFECTIVE INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Extensive account management experience, helping, leading, collaborating, and developing strong long-term relationships and effective partnerships
- COLLABORATION — Slack, Trello
- EMAIL — Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Mailchimp, Constant Contact
- GRAPHIC DESIGN — Photoshop, Indesign, Adobe Spark/Canva
- PRESENTATION — Powerpoint/Slides
- CRM — Hubspot, Salesforce, Teamwork
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING — Buffer, Google Analytics, Hootsuite
- OFFICE — Microsoft Office. GSuite
- VIDEO — Adobe Premier, Camtasia, GotoMeeting, YouTube, Zoom, Skype
- WEBSITES — WordPress, W3C, HTML, CSS, SEO, SEM, Analytic
- Palette Skills Tech Sales Training
- B.A.N.K. Fundamentals – Sales
- B.A.N.K. Speed Coding
- Verbal Aikido: Pure Communications Mastery
- Customer Service: Front Line Solutions
- Multimedia/Web Design and Development
- Moving to a Million Sales Training
Customer Service: Front Line Solutions
- Tony Robbins “Unleash the Power Weekend”
- Self Employment Business Program
- Administrative Practices
- Organizational Development Program
- Management Development Program
CONNECT WITH SUE