Sue Sutcliffe: making digital marketing profitable since 1995.
Cutting her teeth in traditional marketing thirty-five years ago, Sue was one of the first to recognize how lucrative digital marketing can be.
Determined to enhance the relationship-building aspects of the Internet, she delved into the world of code, website building, search engine optimization and apps long before anyone had even heard about Facebook or Twitter.
This launched her twenty-five year career as the Web Coach and the Marketing Maven. Honoured by these monikers, Sue is happy that her scorecard of firsts – and her focus on all-things-digital – has added her actual name to the shortlist of experts called by CEO’s when they want to monetize the Internet.
How has she made it onto that coveted hotlist? She has quantifiable success in working with business owners and sales teams to increase sales, grow engaged customer bases and improve cash flow.
As a pioneer in her industry and a leader in the business community, Sue is a sought-after digital marketing speaker and trainer whose witty, passionate and down-to-earth manner has propelled thousands of marketers, salespeople and business owners to embrace their online power, grow their networks, and drive leads.
SCORECARD OF FIRSTS
- One of the first 10 website designers in Canada.
- The first to create a certified secure and safe online shopping mall in Canada.
- A front-runner who created the Ontario college curriculum that trained many of today’s top marketing and advertising executives.
- Advocated for safe Internet use and worked to advance Canada’s digital landscape.
- When companies were incurring costs from their Internet strategies, Sue was spurring businesses forward with profitable digital marketing campaigns, online stores, and community building campaigns.
- Spoken at hundreds of conferences here at home and internationally. At each event, she reinforced proven digital marketing and social media practices to drive business owners and executives to use the Internet to generate sales and improve cash flow.
. . .
Sue is a leader in her industry, the business world and the communities she serves.
- 1997 — Durham Home & Small Business Association “Business of the Year Award”
- 1996 — Website Design Awards from Yahoo!, Netscape & Web Side Story
- 1996 — First Online Shopping Mall In Canada To Be Certified Secure by the Royal Bank
- 1998 — Greater Oshawa Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year Nominee
- 2003 — Durham Home & Small Business Association “Betty Penny Award”
- 2007 — Shopaware: “Superstar” local business wins first annual ShopAware
- 2008 — Durham Home & Small Business Association “Lifetime Membership”
- 2009-2019 — Walk for Memories Fundraiser
- 2010 — Accessibility Professionals of Ontario “Customer Service for the Disabled”
- 2016 — Dominate The Digital — Durham Region’s first Digital Marketing Conference
- 2017 — Ajax/Pickering Board of Trade “Eco‐Business Certificate”
- 2019 — Blue Umbrella Certification
Sue blogs weekly and her articles have appeared in Durham Business News, Durham Trade & Commerce, The Edge Leaders Magazine and other publications.
- 6 Steps to Telling Your Sustainable Business Story on Social Media
- What steps can I take to increase my revenue and attract more people to visit my website?
- Are You “Pin” It to Win It?
- New Twitter Means Business
- Why your websites loves when people push its buttons!
- You ought to to be in pictures: video for business
- It’s time for your website to plug in and button up
- Welcome to my facebook page
- Leveraging your company’s LinkedIn profile
- Have you linkedup on LinkedIn?
- To friend or not to friend. That is the question.
- Is Social Media The Superhero Of The Internet?
- BRANDED EMAIL ADDRESSES: Control, advertising & peace of mind
- PIPEDA: An Executive Summary
- Webmaster or Wannabe: Look, Listen and Ask