According to the Alzheimer’s Association
- The number of people diagnosed with this debilitating disease is on the rise.
- It is expected that by the year 2050 almost 14 million people will be living with the condition known to rob people of their memory and impose anxiety and confusion.
- Presently, over 5 million people suffer the effects of this disease that is now known as the 7th leading cause of death in our country.
- It is estimated that over $148 billion is spent each year treating this disease.
- There are no pharmaceutical options available to treat, halt or reverse the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Drugs being created now are made to reduce the amyloid plaques, made from a protein called Amyloid B (AB) that build up on the brain. These are a trademark of the disease.