- Payment Terms
- Platform Page: How third-party applications / Facebook Connect accesses and uses your data
- Facebook Platform Policies: Re applications, including Connect sites.
- Advertising Policies
- Self-Serve Ad Interface Terms:
- Promotions Guidelines: Contests, sweepstakes & promotions
- Facebook Brand Resources: Trademarks, logos and screenshots.
- How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement
- Pages Terms: Use of Facebook Pages.
- Community Standards: Expectations regarding the content you post and your activity on Facebook.
If you do you will avoid some of the common pitfalls. For example, did you know that:
- Personal Timelines and friend connections must not be used to administer promotions (ex: “share on your Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend’s Timeline to get additional entries”, and “tag your friends in this post to enter” are not permitted).
- Ads must not contain profanity or bad grammar and punctuation. Symbols, numbers, and letters must be used properly.
- Facebook permits open and critical discussion of people who are featured in the news or have a large public audience based on their profession or chosen activities but remove credible threats to public figures, as well as hate speech directed at them – just as we do for private individuals.
As with any marketing vehicle that makes sense for your business, it makes sense to read the fine print.