According to National Day Calendar today is Get to Know Your Customers Day a holiday that is held on the third Thursday of each quarter (January, April, July, October). Although I suspect this to be a made-up holiday, I agree whole-heartedly that three months is the longest you want to pass without ‘touching’ your client in some way and also in ‘baking’ this into our business practices to ensure it’s done regularly, so that is the topic of today’s post.
Ways To Get To Know Your Customers Better
Please do share your tips on how YOU get to know YOUR customers better in the comments below.
- Customer appreciation event
- Talk to them
- Phone them
- Email them
- Visit them
- Engage on their social media
- Send thank you notes
- Use their names
- Special discounts
- Review their businesses
- Give aways
- Chatbots – simulate humans as they relate to website problems, order issues, or product questions.
- Data Collection – helps personalize communications
- Communication APIs – interact with users on their favorite messaging platforms e.g. Facebook Messenger, WeChat, etc.
- Live Chat – quick responses without bother/awkwardness of telephone conversation
- Integrated CRM – automatic call logging, tagging, note-taking, click-to-dial functionality makes it easier
Want more ideas on how your brand can action Get To Know Your Customers Day? Follow the hashtag #gettoknowyourcustomersday for inspiration!
(HINT: Hold down the shift key when you click to have the link open in a new tab)
How Do You Get To Know Your Customers Better?
Would love to hear your ideas in the comments below.