Sales funnels are automated marketing and sales processes with the goal of attracting and then turning a prospect into a customer — ideally one that buys over and over again.
7 Steps To Creating Your First Sales Funnel
- Top notch product or service offering in place as you only have one chance to make a first impression and your reputation is your most valuable asset as an entrepreneur.
- Who is the buyer? Ideal target for this particular product or service needs to be clear as mud. Write up a buyer persona.
- Ensure your website is optimized for this persona, ready to take orders and that the process is simply. The path of least resistance should be the path to your door.
- Give them a taste. The try before you buy marketing strategy has been around for a long time. Offering something for free so they can get a sense of who they’re buying for and the fit is critical. What irresistible offer can you make them?
- Ensure there’s an optimized landing page for them to opt-in to receive your irresistible offer
- Utilize automated software to automatically email them when they opt-in:
- email your prospect how they get what they signed up for
- follow up with them to ensure they received it
- make them another irresistible offer
- Create and plugin strategic messaging into your automated marketing software and aim to meet or exceed industry standard e.g. ten sales for every 1000 that opt-in.
Popular Sales Automation Software
- Sales Force
- Lead Pages
- Mail Munch
Sales Funnel Examples
Autogrow.co wrote an excellent post on this topic that you should check out entiteld “17 Best Sales Funnel Examples to Help Your Website Convert More Customers”