Companies without the time or inhouse expertise should consider selecting a professional web page designer. Understanding what constitutes a good design is important! Here are a few tips to help you make the right decision.
LOOK at other web sites they’ve developed:
- Do their pages load quickly?
- Are their sites easy to navigate?
- Can you navigate the site without graphics?
- Is it clear what the company being represented offers?
- Is it clear what the pages contain for the viewer?
- Is the contact information clearly displayed.
ASK these key questions:
- Which web browsers do you test pages on?
- How much do changes cost?
- How do they advertise your pages?
- Do they test the pages on other platforms, ie IBM, Mac?
- Will they custom design your page or do they work with templates?
- How do they plan on reflecting your business’ image?
LISTEN for their questions:
- What Key words / Key phrases you would like programmed into your pages?
- What market(s) you are targeting?
- Which ways are you marketing your product traditionally?
- How you would design your pages if price were not an issue?
We all know that first impressions are important, so make yours a lasting one by exploring all of your options. Take the time to find the ‘right’ Web Page Designer or alternatively how you can best meet the needs described above inhouse. Either way you will be happier with the results and so will the visitors to your site.