There are two ways to get on page one of Google. You can optimize pages and posts on your website and blog for keywords (SEO) in hopes you’ll come organically for free and/or you can run a Google Adwords Campaign (PPC).
If you can place on page one of google with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) leads are free, however it takes time for SEO to work, and it doesn’t work for everyone.
Here’s how to get started with SEO.
- Develop a list of possible keyword combinations prospects will type into Google
- Research each keyword combination for competition and popularity
- Sort results by success factor and indicate benchmark results
- Select appropriate keywords (above benchmark) you’d like to target
- Create/Fortify at least one web pages for every keyword combination
- Make a date to check Google/your stats for results.
If SEO doesn’t work for you, or you don’t want to wait and a PPC (pay per click) campaign will get you on page one of Google right away, but as the name implies, you pay each time someone clicks on your ad.