Customer persona or user personas are terms marketers use to describe a fictional character they’ve created to represent an ideal target for a particular product or service they’re trying to market and assist in the creation of the customer-centred design. Personas are created with data we know about relevant users. For example:
For my coaching/consultation practice, I target DIY DORA.
- Owns or is in charge of operating a small business that has operating 3+ years, earns 500-1000K/annum with <40 employees.
- The business does not have a CMO, but has a web, facebook and linkedin presence they created inhouse and/or contracted out.
- Located in GTA (Toronto, Durham Region, York, Halton, Peel)
- Gender – Female, 40-60, career they want to retire from, income no sufficient to retirement, no post secondary education.
- Age – 40-60, career they want to retire from, income no sufficient to retirement, no post secondary education.
- Career – They want to retire but income no sufficient
- Education – No post secondary education.
- Religion – Christian / Spiratual
- Lifestyle – Busy entrepreneur
- Interests – Growing the business, Writing a book, etc.
- Values – Hard work
- Goals & Desires — Financial freedom?
- Needs help with — Marketing and sales as there is no CMO
- Limitations – Dora is do-it-yourselfer who does not know what she does not know.
- Attitude – I can do anything I set my mind to?
- Behavour – Keeps doing the same thing and expecting different results