Credentials theft is major contributor to data breaches and although some say World Password Day is becoming redundant we still give kudos to Mark Burnett created “password day” and inspired Intel Security to take the initiative to declare the first Thursday in May World Password Day in 2013. Although a strong cybersecurity strategy requires far more now today, it’s a great reminder and opportunity to form healthy digital habits.
5 WAYS TO CELEBRATE WORLD PASSWORD DAY
- Hire or consult a Cybersecurity Professional if you are not one
- Ensure your cybersecurity systems are sound and maintained
- Ensure all stakeholders are trained, cyber aware, and know to:
- Stop storing passwords on your computers and phones
- Log off when done with a program
- Ensure their devices are up-to-date
- Use safer passwords, two-factor authentication, keys, etc.
- Removing temporary internet files occasionally
- Password protect their wireless routers
- Be Always be learning and it never hurts to Ask Google
- Take a special back up each year on May 11th for your social security box — just because
- Be cyber aware and understand the definition of that changed as you were reading this blog post, so back to #1.